jueves, 11 de junio de 2009

Sinfonietta.


After a very calm and productive weekend I happy to show you some of the results of my work, all those beads turned up into necklaces for my friends.


First of all I need to thank my kind friend Eva for lending me her camera last night so I could start taking photos of a better quality. I could not wait to show the results so here I am. Getting a camera myself and having photography lessons probably should be the next step...but I am too keen on spending all my free time crafting.

I love the word craft. For Spanish people it is quite difficult to pronounce, but I like it! There should be a mantra with that sound. I must look up for songs that sing about it, please let me know if you know of any.


Back to last weeks' work. I used different colour cotton cord, a very big needle, and some buttons my Mum and Dad had in a basquet in their workshop for a while, some of them probably for more than 30 years. Also, I sewed some glass beads which went into embelishing some of the larger felt beads, stitching them with a cotton thread and very fine needls, very very fine ones for the burgundy beads.
I will present My Sinfonietta, officially, to my friends next Monday. I hope they like them. I have called them Sinfonietta, as it is a bigger production than a Sonata, but too small to be called a Symphony, really. I must walk before I run, don't I.


Now I run out of beads, but I can't stop making necklaces, so I keep on felting beads in the evenings (while I watch Dr, House) and putting them together the following day.

I'd love to hear what you think about them.


Love


gema

1 comentario:

  1. La tarea que tienes de hacerle un bolso de novia a tu amiga es precioso, quiz´s podrías inspirarte en llas cajas-rosas de Erva, que no osn de fieltro, pero seguro te dan una idea.

    Besos,
    Anabel

    ResponderEliminar